Monday, May 21, 2018

Sunday May 20, 2018

Speaker: Pastor Diego Rodriguez
Message Title: King or Soldier
Scripture: Luke 14:31-33

I was having a conversation once about how the ministry should be working. There was some controversy in the direction I felt God leading me in and how things were going to get paid for. The other ministers involved wanted to know all the details and have a finished product before even to having further conversation about the new direction I was trying to lead us in. One of the persons involved mentioned this scripture trying to win his argument.


Luke 14:31-33 (NKJV)
31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. 33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.  

My response was this. When I was in the Army. I was told where to be and when to be there. I was also told what I was to have when I got there. I wasn’t always told why. Depending on your rank, and your particular duty also determine how much information was given to you. Long story short the General never came and asked my opinion of what should be done or how we should do it. In all my years I never had the President call me into his office and discuss anything. I was simply told to put into my ruck shack a list of supplies and be ready to move at a given time. If I didn’t have a particular item, I was told to head to the supply sergeant and get what was needed.
            We must know who we are in this scripture. Are we the King or all we the soldiers that are sent out? Sometimes God asked us to do something and we want to know the complete outcome of it all before doing it. This my friend is not faith.
Now by no means I am saying don’t plan anything ever again in your life or count the cost of your next decision. What I am trying to say if it is truly of God (Our King) it’s his bill. It’s his responsibility to provide for it all. Simply be where he tells you to be and do what he is telling you do.
You also need not concern yourself of the outcome. For with example, if God tells you to go out and feed homeless people and with all that is provided you, you only feed 20 people and there is still more in need. If you have done all that God has told you to do the ones that are left are his problem. I used to be so grieved when I saw someone going without to the point I started over extending to where it was effecting my family. Until I learned I was (you) are only responsible for what God tells you to do. Yes, I still feel bad but, I also know I am not God and cannot and not expected to help everyone.
As for the new direction I spoke of earlier. We went form feeding 20-30 homeless a month to feeding a 100 homeless a week. And since we did what God wanted it our church budget for the outreach never changed. He just provide more resources.
Our best planning is to wait on the Lord and do what he says to do.  


Music Worship Leaders:
JW & Sharon Peck
Songs:
some old Hymns  
  

No comments: