Friday, August 17, 2018

Sunday August 12, 2018

Speaker: Pastor Diego Rodriguez
Message Title: I want More of You because There is More of You
Scripture: John 14:12-14.
 
One of the greatest temptations in Life is to settle. We settle for the person we are dating, the job we have, where we live. I remember talking to this young girl who came to me crying saying that her boyfriend treated her badly. I asked her, “Why she just didn’t break up with him?” She said, “I don’t know, I want to marry him.” They did end up getting married and before the year was up they were headed to divorce court. She settle and was miserable.
We have the same tendency to do that in our walk with God. We’re ok with the fact that we attend some church service somewhere; hear some message that may inspire us to forge on. Then we go about our week. If that’s you, you just settle.
The Bible is not just a book of stories to just help encourage us through hard times. It’s a book of promises. If we live out its pages we will also live out its promise’s.
John 14
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you [c]ask anything in My name, I will do it.

This is a promise given to those that believe. We will do what he Jesus did feed the hungry, preach to the captives, and heal the sick. The greater things in this passage is we will do it on a greater scale and bring people to the saving knowledge of Christ. Most of us do not live this out. We have settle. I want to encourage you today. Challenge you today to not settle. 
            Pray ask God to help you live this promise out. Tell him I want more of you because there is more of you.
Be blessed in Jesus name.

Music Worship Leaders:
JW & Sharon Peck
Songs:

 

No comments: